I am so excited to be continuing on with my sewing for 2019. I have lots of plans to try new things and to bring back some of my favorite makes from the past 4 years.
To start 2019 I have selected 9 patterns to make that are garments I haven’t made in the past. These items will be made throughout the year along with others, but I wanted to showcase these as the ones that are on my list. Below you will find my list, they are not in any special order, but I have started the activewear pattern as part of the Activewear Challenge on the pattern review website, details can be found here.
The Jacket is almost complete, just need to add the sleeves and the zipper. The zipper frightens me, but it is one of the things on my list of challenges that I must conquer. The pants are a little tricky with the side pieces, but I think I have it figured out. I installed the side pieces by way of the Pattern instructions and it didn’t turn out like it should have, so I am going to take it out and do it again. Practice makes perfect, right?
Look for a blog post in the upcoming week for the finished garments for pattern #M7482.
I am most excited about making the underwear. These patterns have been on my list for the last 2 years or more and I keep adding them to the list and taking them off, adding them, taking them off. This time they stay, I will never know what skills I don’t have if I don’t at least try.
1. McCall’s 7482 – Misses’ Asymmetrical-Zip Jacket and Seamed Leggings
2. McCall’s 7547 – Misses’ Flared Jeans and Overalls, Skinny Jeans, and Shortalls
3. McCall’s 6841 – Misses’ Cowl-Neck Tops (this Pattern is Out of Print)
4. Simplicity 8701 – Misses’ Pants with Options for Design Hacking
5. Simplicity 8791 – Misses’ Wrap Tops
6. Vogue 9285 – Misses’ Top with Sleeve and Cuff Variations
7. Simplicity 8700 – Misses’ Jacket with Options for Design Hacking
8. Simplicity 8436 – Misses’ Plunge Bra and Panties – Once completed these items will be modeled by my dress form, Brianna. I wouldn’t want an inappropriate blog post. 🙂
9. Simplicity 8229 – Misses’ Underwire Bras and Panties – Once completed these items will be modeled by my dress form, Brianna. I wouldn’t want an inappropriate blog post. 🙂
Well I am off to go start of the process of installing in the zipper and the sleeves on the jacket. The weather is raining and extremely windy tonight, so I think it is safe for me to stay behind the sewing machine.
Bye for now, time to go Sew Something!!!!
Learning, Creating, Sharing
dis·taff - noun 1) a stick or spindle onto which wool or flax is wound for spinning. 2) of or concerning women.
Sew Your Style
Music and Entertainment Magazine
DIY Fashion Sewing
Bye for now, time to go Sew Something!!!
The Shop, The Blog and More!
By Alejandra Bautista
Inspirational Quotes To Motivate Your Life
A DIY Blog for Serial Hobbyist
Thank you for sewing with us...
Sewing Community & Pattern Designs
Custom Appeal and Designs Made Whole
A Peek Inside Kelly's Closet
she smiles at the future....
Extra Content from PaulsPages.com
A Work in Progress